Sunday 1 August 2010

Cast Creations Work Experience

During my time at Cast Creations I was working on the trends for the up coming season, creating inspirational pieces through fabric manipulation machine and hand embroidery. Working directly on pre-existing garments and altering there form as well as being introduced to bits of pattern cutting to create my own garment shapes.

I really enjoyed working within a studio space and I learnt alot about placement on the body and composition. The experience has increased my confidence in my own ability by encouraging me to take a step back from my designs an not over think them; by learning from mistakes and experiments. The swatches i created have been exhibited at trade fairs in New York, LA, Paris and London and have become part of the Cast Creation collection of swatches.

No comments:

Post a Comment