Wednesday 17 November 2010

Pattern Cutting Course

This year I really wanted to take every opportunity to learn as many new skills as possible. I was introduced to pattern cutting briefly over the summer and wanted to learn more about garment shapes and the make up of pattens, to give me a greater understanding of the human body.

I signed up for a six week pattern cutting evening course at New College Nottingham. I really enjoyed the course and learnt how to make a basic pattern block for a skirt, create patterns from it with seam allowance and labelled pattern cutting terms as well as dart manipulation and creating pleats within patterns. In the last session we also got the opportunity to work with a bodis block pattern and see how the two blocks could be altered to create a dress form.

No comments:

Post a Comment